Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Poem-Alone, how long I can go?

I used to write poems from my college days.At Trichur Engineering college I was quite happy and thrilled to see admiring faces of my fellow students after hearing me reciting poems in Malayalam from the stage whenever an opportunity came.even during college election time,I used to write campaign material for rival parties in poems and poetic language.I have never kept those poems with me.But the poet in me still lives and as a poet you feel and experience everything in life differently with that extra vision on everything feeling intensely for every minute experiences of mine and others.I will reproduce some of the poems I published in a poetry site
Alone, how long I can go?


Alone, how long I can go?
Do I need to hear your voice near me?
Do I need to feel your sweating hand inside my hand?
Making me feel you are with me.
Do I need to look at your clear sparkling eyes?
Just to feel thrill of my heart
When it notices that widening of your eyes
When you look at me
as if seeing the most beautiful
being of this world.


Alone, how long I can go?
without feeling your smell close to me
without feeling your warm body near me
without feeling a part of me walking by my side
with my own legs
with my own hands
with my own mind
with my own dreams.


Alone, how long I can go?
without you calling the naughtiest of names
without you getting worried about
even sweat on my forehead
without you planning
our days coming
without you pushing me to move on
without you pushing me to face
whatever may come on our way


Then you told me
I was with you even before you
came to earth
and even when you go from earth
I will be with you

We travel
to eternity
Our road never ends.
Our legs never get tired
We laugh, hug and walk
hand in hand
to the never reaching
end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment