Thursday, September 3, 2009

Missed opportunities

I was standing in the queue for a movie ticket just behind the first man.A beautiful looking girl came and smiled at me and said-Can you take a ticket for me?Standing behind this queue I will not get ticket.
That was quite unexpected for me having come for this film alone just to kill my boredom.Before I could even think of an answer to her, man standing before me said-You will get ticket standing behind .
So she left unhappy.While entering the theatre after buying the ticket I noticed that she has not got the ticket.She looked at me with hope in her eyes thinking that I might have purchased an extra ticket.Ever since that day I kept on cursing my inabilty to catch that opportunity.She was looking so good.I could have become friendly with her and then the prospects looked so rosy.But a dumb fool like me has missed that golden opportunity
I have heard from many people many times-If only I have taken that decision at that time--
But the trouble is that we miss the opportunity when it knocks on our door and keep on lamenting about missed opportunities for days and years together
Basically we are reluctant to take decisions,act in time and catch opportunities life throws in front of us.
Those who are sucessful in life also might have missed several opportunities due to their reluctance or more often their fear to take decisions.But they might have caught opportunities head on more than most of us.Success need risk taking and abilty to take decisions fast and act also fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment