Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kuttanad landscape


For those of you who think that Kerala does not produce any rice for food for Keralites,just travel to Kuttanad or interior Palghat.Even now they are cultivating rice in paddy fields against all odds.I have no idea whether the cultivation is profitable or not.I have taken few pictures of these paddy fields on the side of road on my way to Chengannur where I am building a house for an NRI
During my last trip, I think I have seen machines being used to take harvest of rice in the same paddy fields.Now they have planted small rice plants in a large paddy field.You can see workers doing work in the paddy field,a rare sight in Kerala where getting workers for agricultural work is a bit difficult.
By the side of paddy fields blank spaces are being taken by Ambal flowers( a smaller version of lotus).Seeing those flowers with their round leaves spread on water surface is something nice to see.You can see the picture here

1 comment:

  1. brilliant photographs, no wonder people calling it "gods own country'

    ReplyDelete