Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lohithadas and other art lovers

Art lovers like writers, poets, architects, painters and those who are involved in creative art forms of any nature has got one thing in common. They value and cherish the pleasure and satisfaction derived from doing an art work with perfection to the extent possible. While enjoying this pleasure and satisfaction they sometimes forget to collect monetary remuneration for the work of art to the extent deserved by them. They simply get mesmerized by the pleasure on attaining perfection in their creative work and less payment or sometimes nonpayment is not treated as something serious enough to fight and demand for.
I myself had faced similar situation several times by not collecting exact price for my work from my client. Several people have cheated me utilizing my weakness of not collecting deserved money for my work with professional billing and collection. But over a period of time I have realized my folly by watching like a fool when the man who have simply invested money has collected more than double my remuneration for the work, by selling my work. My painful efforts and struggles with the work have made someone else richer. Slowly I have realized that I do not have to make some thankless being an extra ordinarily rich man due to my incapability to collect due price for my work
Writer and Director of films Lohithadas died unexpectedly due to his inability to organize money for a bypass surgery of heart even though several men including actors made money and fame through his hard work. Like a true art lover, he might not have collected due remuneration for his devoted work. He might have reached happiness and satisfaction by simply observing success of his work unmindful of how much money reached his pocket through the work .

Our people are quite good in praising a person after his death. They may even build memorials for him after death. But no one will come forward to even financially help the so called great man while alive and struggling for existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment