Friday, April 9, 2010

Trip to Arthinkal beach

On my way back from Mararikulam where I went to assess a house built about three years back,I had chance to once again go to Arthungal beach which is the nearest beach from my native place,Cherthala.This was the beach I first saw as a small kid  during the feast of Arthinkal Church.I do not remember when exactly I went there last.But it must be quite long back as I never had time to go back and see the roaring waves later.This time  our car passed just in front of the beach so I thought of getting down there rekindling old memories.

The house which I went to see was built by an NRI now at USA.He is an Engineer possibly in the IT sector.Even though the house is quite big at about 3000 sft plinth area,nothing is done right for the house during construction.Architectural design and structural design lack more than what it has.There is absolutely no Vasthu compliance.Workmanship is poor.In short it is a good example of  how money can be wasted during construction of house if you do not have proper professional guidance and care.

I will advise him how to do the finishing jobs like painting,clay tile laying on slope roof and may be a bit of interior work.In fact my client even though is educated was ignorant about what exactly professional involvement and guidance can do during design and construction of house.

DSC03272

DSC03273

DSC03274

Even when I reached the beach there was a family who came just to see sea with children running up and down the beach getting excited when waves touch their feet.You can see the pictures.

DSC03275

DSC03279

DSC03287

There were fisher men catching fish from shallow waters,using nets.We purchased few prawns from them at rates much lower than Cochin rates

DSC03288 

DSC03289

DSC03292

DSC03293 

DSC03294

DSC03295

1 comment: