Monday, May 17, 2010

What you missed can be your gain also

At any point of time, when you look back to your past life, you can easily list out what all you did not do even though you could have done many of it if only you did not hesitate to do it.

As the time passes, your opportunity to do it goes and in spite of your earnest hope for doing it, the opportunity and situation will never ever come back. In other words that opportunity has passed you and you are left with no other chance to regain that opportunity. I have heard many lamenting on such loss for ever about missed opportunities. Even I myself had many such missing forever.

When I used to work with a company at Chennai, there was a beautiful secretary to our General Manager. She was also doing modeling and everyday newspapers showed her pictures wearing different type saris for sari sale promotion and some other day she appeared in ads wearing towels only for towel ads. She was quite friendly with me and had invited me several times to her house. I was a bit apprehensive of becoming closer to her in spite of her stunning looks. I have felt bad later several times for not allowing myself to be close to her especially after she left the job after getting selected in IRS. People in our office connected her selection to good contacts she had through her family contacts. Naturally people would like to connect good fortune of others to some “reason”

Because of my feeling of missing her I used to think about her later whenever I used to think about my Chennai days. Recently I have made a Google search for her and found her present location and life status simply out of curiosity. Even though no more a model, she still looked good and seems to be enjoying high society life with all connected vices and goodies. Then I started thinking that what I considered earlier as my loss may in fact be my gain. In none of her present day pictures she appeared happy. That glitter in her eyes has gone and she is no more that confident girl.

So what we may think of as our loss can also be our gain. In fact our life and paths we may take in life are preplanned and routed by somebody else. We simply move along unknown paths accidently reaching predestined places, people and situations in life.

This does not mean that we can be simply lazy and leave God to do everything for us. In any situation in life, we have to act in the best possible manner putting our inputs correctly without bothering much about what we will get back in return.Bhagavad Gita taught us to do what we have to do without bothering much about what we will get back in return. It also tells us that whatever we have today was owned by somebody else earlier and will belong to somebody else after we leave the world. So be detached to an extent to increase mental peace and happiness.

kumarakom-lake-resort1[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment