Sunday, August 30, 2009

House Construction -funds squeezing




One interesting aspect I noticed while moving from one client to another designing and building house for them is that no two clients are the same.By now I have directly built more than 200 houses in the state of Kerala with my first out of state work now progressing at Jackanarai near Ootty.
Each of the person I interact for the house construction is different with differing family ties and family equations.In most of the places it is the woman of the house putting more control on the matters.Man even though talk and act as if he is the boss,eventually bows down to the woman for practically every decision related to the house construction.So naturally I have to keep the lady of the house happy to keep the work moving smoothly.

It does not mean that there are no cases where the man calls the shots.In some of the cases lady of the house keep silent,submissive and practically has no voice.But such cases are very rare.
Some people keep trying to put a tight watch on funds by refusing to pay us in time or delaying payments.Such cases eventually turn out to be more costly constructions as delays and indecisions tend to prevent smooth conduct of work.In the process of such tightening of funds the client oftnen loose his cool and start firing at me or my workers thinking that such firing will save him money.In fact it causes the opposite effect as me and my team develop a sort of hatred to the arrogant owner of the house and will not guide him to have a lesser costly better options.

Of all the clients I have met my NRI client at Nilambur and Ootty client are simply not worried much about the cost aspect.They are more bothered about better quality work and I naturally tend to act to reduce costs wherever possible while maintaining the quality expected by the client
I have attached pictures of me with my client at Ootty along with her relatives and few of my workers and views during concreting of flat roof at Ootty

No comments:

Post a Comment